Joanna is a co-managing attorney of Lawyers for Justice, PC and spends her days fiercely advocating for workers in class and complex wage-and-hour matters, while managing the work of the attorneys at the firm to obtain litigation objectives and maximize outcomes for clients. She’s admitted to practice law in California, New York, all U.S. District Courts in California, the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California, and the U.S. Supreme Court. Armed with a wealth of experience and a tenacious attitude, she’s taken and defended dozens of depositions and handled the class certification and court approval process for over 150 class action and other complex wage-and-hour matters that have successfully resolved. Joanna manages the firm’s briefing and litigation strategy for major appeals, writs, and complex motions, and prides herself on the firm’s efforts and successes in developing the law in favor of employees.
Joanna has also been recognized by the City of Lancaster for demonstrated excellence in trial advocacy. On top of this, Joanna is a member of the California Employment Lawyers Association, where she’s been a panel participant and speaker on her work in important cases. She was named a Rising Star by Super Lawyers from 2019-2021.
- JD, Georgetown University Law Center
- MA, London School of Economics
- BA, California State University
- Service Employees International Union Local 721
- Student Law Clerk, Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office
- The Fund for American Studies' International Institute for Political & Economic Studies
- Workers' Rights Fellow, Peggy Browning Fund
- Law Clerk, United Nations Migration Agency - Geneva, Switzerland
- Participant, Oxford and Harvard International Model UN Conferences
- Rising Star in Class Action/Mass Torts by Super Lawyers (2017-2022)
- Pasadena Magazine's Top Lawyers in Commercial Litigation (2021)
- Autry Museum of the American West
- The Mother House of the Missionaries of Charity - Calcutta, India