From 2015 through 2020, over 200 employees filed lawsuits against their bosses in San Diego for unlawful treatment in the workplace. Lawyers for Justice, PC’s San Diego employment rights lawyers fight for many of San Diego’s residents when they experience unlawful treatment at work. Lawyers for Justice, PC is a San Diego employment rights law firm that fights for workers and helps them retaliate against their employers who treat them unfairly, either in their words or actions. The firm’s powerful attorneys represent California residents who have been mistreated in the workplace – either from discrimination, harassment, unpaid wages, workplace injuries, or other work-related issues.
Are you a San Diego worker who has been mistreated at work? Has your boss shown discriminatory behavior against you or your coworkers? Maybe you haven’t been paid for all the overtime hours you worked last month. Whatever the situation may be, Lawyers for Justice, PC is a San Diego law firm that fights for your rights. The firm has a track record of winning and has recovered millions of dollars for California workers over the past decade.
The San Diego employment rights lawyers at LFJ know how frustrating it can be to be stuck in a workplace that treats its employees unfairly; they’ve seen it happen countless times. However, Lawyers for Justice, PC is a unique employment law firm because it works on a contingency basis. The firm’s San Diego employment lawyers are not paid unless they win your case – that means clients pay ZERO up-front fees to retain legal services.
Labor Law Violations In California
Under California’s Fair Employment laws, San Diego workers possess certain employee rights, such as privacy in the workplace. California labor laws dictate that an employee’s personal possessions, must only be accessible only to the employee and that their mail is to be opened only by them.
San Diego CA Employee Rights:
- a workplace that is free from danger and doesn’t cause injuries or illnesses.
- fair wages for the job that they were hired to perform.
- a work environment free from harassment and discrimination of any kind.
- Immunity from filing a complaint against an employer for wrongdoing.
Prospective employees also have similar rights, even though they are not employed by a company, they have the right not to be discriminated on the basis of their personal characteristics like race, national origin, religion, age, or gender during the hiring process.
Types Of Employment Law Cases We Handle:
- Unpaid Overtime: If an employee diligently works overtime hours but their employer is not paying them for their time on the clock, they can seek out LFJ’s San Diego employment lawyers to assist in suing their employer to recover the wages they are owed – and possibly even additional compensation.
- Unpaid Wages: In employment cases where a San Diego employer purposely (or accidentally) violates the law by not paying an employee their full wages, the employment law attorney team at Lawyers for Justice, PC fight for the employee who was not paid their full wages. The San Diego employment lawyers formulate a case that seeks to recover any unpaid money for San Diego workers.
- Wrongful Termination: This occurs when an employee is unjustly terminated from their workplace. Employees who were fired due to wrongful termination can seek a free consultation from LFJ in an effort to bring a lawsuit against the employer. The San Diego employment lawyer team at LFJ use their sophisticated knowledge of the state and federal law to make employers accountable for illegal firing and wrongful termination.
- Hostile Work Environment Cases: In an employment dispute over hostile work conditions, the employment attorney team at LFJ helps San Diego employees who have been victims of a work environment that permitted discrimination, harassment, unfair work conditions, and even violence or threats of violence.
- Sexual Harassment at Work: The San Diego employment attorneys at LFJ handle employment issues relating to sexual harassment in the workplace as well. Sexual harassment is an employment law issue that varies in intensity – ranging from verbal sexual harassment to more pervasive physical sexual harassment and assault. However, the San Diego employment attorneys at Lawyers for Justice, PC handle each case with delicacy and aplomb.
In addition to the above, any unfair treatment of a San Diego worker due to their national origin is also unacceptable.
What Are My Rights As An Employee In California – FAQ
- can I sue my employer for unpaid wages? While every San Diego employment law case is different, if a worker is not being paid fairly for their labor, under California law they can bring a lawsuit to their employer and/or place of business.
- can undocumented workers make legal claims for unpaid wages? The Division of Labor Standards Enforcement (DLSE) investigates and resolves complaints about retaliation, wages, child labor, hours of work, and even working conditions. Whether a worker is documented or undocumented in San Diego, they have rights protected by state employment law that guarantee payment of wages for work performed.
- how much can you sue for unpaid wages? Exact amounts vary depending on the pervasiveness and intensity of each employment law case. The best thing to do is to seek legal advice from a labor lawyer at the Lawyers for Justice, PC employment law firm by calling 818-647-9323.
- what damages can I recover from unpaid overtime? Specific damage award amounts will vary, depending on employment lawyers, legal fees, legal experience, and class action cases, but many times damages can accrue if employers knew about the unpaid overtime and did nothing to remedy it. The San Diego employment attorneys at LFJ are masterful in their approach to the law, in recovering money for San Diego victims, and in providing superior legal counsel. Calling the office for a free consultation will provide more clarity. 818-647-9323.
Hostile Work Environment:
- what’s the definition of hostile work environment? A hostile work environment is one where the words and actions of a San Diego supervisor, manager, or coworker negatively or severely impacts another employee’s ability to complete their work and results in employment law issues. Any employee can be responsible for creating a hostile work environment.
- what behaviors are considered criteria for a hostile work environment? Harassment, sexual harassment, employment discrimination, victimization, violence, and many other kinds of offensive or inappropriate behavior qualify as unwelcome conduct and are legal issues and can result in legal action by an experienced employment lawyer.
If a San Diego employee has experienced sexual harassment at work, workplace discrimination, or a workplace injury, they should seek the assistance of a San Diego employment lawyer.
The San Diego employment attorneys at LFJ have extensive knowledge of the law – especially when it comes to class action lawsuits – and fight for the employment matters like hostile work environment cases to uphold California employment law. The San Diego employment attorney team at LFJ does not stop fighting until the proper legal action is taken and their clients get what they deserve.
How Does Hiring A Lawyer Work – FAQ
- how much does an employment lawyer cost? Because Lawyers for Justice, PC is an employment law firm that works on a contingency basis, clients pay ZERO up-front fees to retain legal representation. The San Diego employment lawyers at LFJ are very confident in their employment litigation skills and the legal team that they have assembled. The employment law firm is only paid if (and when) they win their client’s case.
- when does an employee need an employment lawyer? A San Diego employee should call a San Diego employment lawyer if they want someone who is extremely knowledgable about California labor laws, wrongful termination, wage and hour disputes, employee rights, workplace discrimination, labor laws, and wage claims, and experienced in the law to fight on their side. The San Diego employment lawyer team at Lawyers for Justice, PC know parts of the law that the normal person does not, so having employment lawyers on the client’s side can greatly improve their chances of victory.
- how to find an employment lawyer? The best way to find an employment lawyer in San Diego is to call Lawyers for Justice, PC at 818-647-9323. If the San Diego employment lawyers cannot take the case, they will refer potential clients to a law firm specializing in employment law services that can.
- what does an employment lawyer do? A San Diego employment lawyer helps California workers who have been mistreated, wrongfully fired, not received overtime pay, or been taken advantage of in the workplace and helps them find justice through mediation, settlements, or taking the bully employer to court.