As a senior litigation attorney Jacob has practiced at all levels and all phases of class action litigation in state, federal, and appellate courts along the West coast. For over more than a decade he worked for both state and federal judges and has also represented both plaintiffs and defendants in complex multi-district and nationwide class actions. Jacob’s litigation style is best described as aggressive, while not wasting the time and resources of his clients nor the courts.
Jacob has written, argued, and won hundreds of motions at every stage of class litigation and is routinely appointed class and lead counsel in certified class actions in a variety of areas, including but not limited to: unpaid minimum and overtime wages, sick pay, shift differentials, meal and rest breaks, unpaid benefits, faulty wage statements, misclassification (both as exempt and as independent contractor), and many others.
Jacob’s experience in advocating for employee rights is extensive, but he has also gained invaluable experience both representing publicly traded companies as well as clerking for judges whose role it is to rule on employment class actions. Jacob’s experience guides his day-to-day approach in obtaining the best outcome for his clients.
- JD, Seattle University School of Law, cum laude
- BA, University of Washington, cum laude
- Rising Star by Super Lawyers 2020-2021
- Housing Justice Project – Defending renters against threatened evictions
- Street Law Instructor – Pierce County
- California State Bar
- Washington State Bar
- United States Court of Appeal – Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court – Central District of California
- United States District Court – Northern District of California
- United States District Court – Western District of Washington