Know the score:
Catastrophic Personal Injuries
Lawyers for Justice, PC can’t take away your pain, but we can ease your suffering and
strive to provide you and your family with future financial security. Our experienced
injury lawyers ensure that you and your family receive the compensation you are
When a brain injury, spinal cord injury, or other severe injury happens, extensive
medical treatment, rehabilitative therapy, and other long-term care becomes necessary.
Anyone going through a catastrophic injury needs to consider that they may never be
capable of earning the same income as they did before their accident.
If a catastrophic injury happens, you, your partner, or loved one might have to decide
whether it makes more financial sense to leave a job in order to be able to provide care
at home for the victim—or to hire a home health aide or caretaker. Either way, both are
Catastrophic injuries generally include:
- Serious spine injuries resulting in paraplegia or quadriplegia (paralysis)
- Loss of ambulation (the ability to walk or move about)
- Traumatic brain injuries and brain impairment
- Permanent loss of a limb
Common Causes of catastrophic injuries can be the result of:
- Automobile accidents, truck accidents and motorcycle accidents, often involving
defective auto parts.
- Taxi or rideshare (Uber, Lyft) accident
- Airplane, helicopter, and train crashes
- Bicycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Workplace and construction site accidents
- Birth Injuries
- Burn Injuries
- Defective Drugs
Catastrophic injury victims often require extensive medical attention and rehabilitation
procedures. Sadly, substantial care needs are typically long-term and can even last a
lifetime. The stakes are high and financial recovery must include funding for a lifetime of
Lawyers for Justice, PC knows first-hand how to deal with insurance companies and
corporations facing potentially high-value injury claims. Their job is to pay victims as
little as possible to protect their bottom line. They typically dispute liability and the
extent of damages.
Because so much depends on your claim being successful, having a lawyer who is
experienced in catastrophic injury claims is crucial. The legal representation you choose
needs both the experience and resources to handle these cases. An experienced
catastrophic injury attorney calculates damages for a catastrophic injury by working
with financial experts to determine how much your expenses will be today and for the
rest of your life. Included in your financial recovery is the potential for future medical
complications that might require additional surgeries or treatments.
It’s a lot to think about, and we are here to help you.
Our injury attorneys have extensive experience in reclaiming justice for those who have been affected by:
- Brain, birth, spinal cord, head and burn injuries
- Car, motorcycle, trucking, scooter, train, bicycle, bus, pedestrian, helicopter and airplane accidents (including Uber and Lyft accidents)
- Dog attacks
- Wrongful death
- Unsafe pharmaceuticals
- Corporate fraud
- Defective consumer products (especially auto parts)
Victims of catastrophic injury can be temporarily or permanently disabled. But the pain and suffering goes beyond the physical effects. Catastrophic injuries can have devastating effects on jobs, marriages, plans for the future, financial stability and even independence. Even if you have medical insurance, surgeries, hospitalization and other costs can quickly become way out of your control. And of course, victims may not be able to work for months or have jobs waiting when they return — if they can work at all.
We’ll fight for you to help you get the result you deserve. Our catastrophic injury attorneys will give you the compassion and support to move forwards with your life.
If you’ve been hurt or injured at work, you could be entitled to compensation by filing a work injury lawsuit. On-the-job injuries are often covered by workers compensation plans – these are state-mandated programs that provide recovery for workers who are injured at work under certain conditions.
Our work compensation lawyers are best placed to put your case forward after an injury or accident in the workplace. We have extensive resources and experience to support you with cases including:
- Repetitive stress injuries (such as carpal tunnel injuries or injuries resulting from repeated lifting, grabbing, etc.)
- Slip and fall injuries
- Vehicle-related injuries
- Lung and breathing injuries
- Toxic substance injuries
What benefits are included?
California will provide for these workers’ compensation benefits:
- Medical bills: if you have medical bills, they will be reimbursed to help you recover from your work-related injuries. However, your choice of doctors might be limited.
- Temporary disability benefits: if your injury prevents you from performing your job normally and you lose wages because of this, you may receive temporary disability benefits. These payments are usually available only after you miss several days of work and often total about two-thirds of your normal wages.
- Permanent disability benefits: if you don’t completely recover from your injuries, you might receive permanent disability benefits based on the nature and extent of your impairment or injury.
- Death benefits: if you die from a work-related injury or illness, your spouse or children may receive death benefits.
Contact Lawyers for Justice, PC Today for a Free Consultation
If you’ve suffered a catastrophic personal injury, contact Lawyers for Justice, PC, and we’ll determine if your employer violated any federal or state laws. To get started, call (818) 647-9323 and receive a free consultation, today!