INCOMPLETE OR INACCURATE PAY STUBS
THERE ARE PIECES OF INFORMATION THAT MUST BE VISIBLE ON EVERY PAY STUB ISSUED TO YOU BY YOUR EMPLOYER. IF ANY OF THE BELOW INFORMATION IS MISSING, YOU COULD BE ENTITLED TO ADDITIONAL COMPENSATION.
See more videos & subscribe to our YouTube Channel HERE.
California employees are entitled to receive complete and accurate pay stubs that are not confusing. The pay stubs must show in an itemized fashion:
- Gross wages earned
- Total hours worked by the employee
- All deductions
- Net wages earned
- The start and end date of the period for which the employee is paid
- The name of the employee
- The social security number of the employee (or an employee ID number)
- The name and address of the actual employer
- All applicable hourly rates, including the overtime rate
- Number of hours worked at each hourly rate
If an employer fails to provide pay stubs that comply with all of the above requirements, an employee is entitled to recover substantial penalties – even if they have not been injured as a result of the employer’s violation.
Contact Lawyers for Justice, PC Today for a Free Consultation
If you feel your pay stubs are incorrect, contact Lawyers for Justice, PC, and we’ll determine if your employer violated any federal or state laws. To get started, call (818) 647-9323 and receive a free consultation, today!